Dubai – Your Success starts here … Fun. Safe. Affordable living.
The UAE is a safe, friendly and harmonious country. When you arrive you may find yourself struck by the friendliness and hospitality of the people. Imagine: you’ve left your country behind, yet somehow, you’ve arrived home.
Surrounded by sand-dunes, towering with gleaming new skyscrapers, Dubai is a world-class city rising from the desert at incredible speed.
- Dubai is globally regarded as one of the most sophisticated, futuristic and cosmopolitan cities in the world.
- Dubai is virtually crime-free with the Dubai police ensuring personal safety and security.
- In Dubai you will enjoy one of the highest standards of living in the world with a perfect winter, superb facilities for a variety of sports, leisure activities and excellent shopping,
- Due to vast development activities especially in the area of infrastructure, trade and commerce, the possibilities of finding on job training as well as full time employment are ample.
Benefits of Studying in Dubai
Incredible employment opportunities
Pristine beaches and parks
Excellent sports facilities and attractions
Dynamic location with a mesh of cultures
Safe destination & Affordable living
English is the commonly used language
AGU offers a high quality of life at Etisalat Academy Residence. It has purpose-built training facilities, clean, safe, and cost-effective living option in Dubai. It has easy access to shopping malls and transport links. It is separately for males and females to meet the University’s commitment to its educational mission. The hostel is governed by well-defined rules and regulations. Whether you’re a UAE resident or an international student, you can experience a unique multi-cultural environment, conducive to academic success, personal growth, and social development with AGU.
International Student Services Program
The International Student Services Program (ISSP) is designed to provide support and assistance to new students who have come from another country to study at AGU. Whether you arrive in Dubai already knowing friends or family members, or whether you are taking on the challenge of moving to Dubai on your own, it is not easy to move to a new and unfamiliar country.
AGU ISS staff works hard to provide international undergraduate, graduate, visiting and exchange students with smooth transition to Dubai, by organizing a series of activities such as Orientation and Welcome Week for all new students. These activities provide an ideal opportunity to meet other international students, make friends, and get settled into Dubai and University life.
Student Visa Issues
AGU provide you with a sponsored student visa, enabling you to study and reside in the UAE. AGU sponsorship visa is given for applicants studying on any of our academic programs and is valid for 12 months and renewable each year for regular students. The administrative expenses for one year visa will be AED. 1,500. At the time of the renewal of visa in the second year AED. 1000/- to be paid.
- In case, the student is inside UAE and opts for interchange of the visa in the first year without going out of the country, then the student has to pay an additional amount of AED. 1,610.
- For programs of less than 12 months, or for attendance at the graduation ceremony, the University may be able to apply for short-term (30 days) or long-term (90 days) visas for students.
AGU welcome you to the city by arranging transportation from the airport to your residence. As well we provide comfortable transportation from your residence to the university and back every academic semester. The transportation cost inside Dubai is AED 1,600 and outside is AED 2,500 per semester for other emirates.
If you prefer to live independently or with family, you will need to make alternative accommodation arrangements. Al Ghurair University can assist by providing you with a list of several real estate companies that offer private furnished and unfurnished accommodation in Dubai and other emirates.
International Student Services Program
ISS staff organizes different student activities and events on campus for current and international students, as well organizes off-campus tours and trips such as safari trip, aqua parks, beautiful beaches, historical art museums and huge shopping malls etc. All students can combine their study and experience the Emirati culture, traditional food and just enjoy the diversified life in Dubai.
Dubai is very fast developing city in the whole Middle East. There are created all modern living and working conditions for international residents. According to ExpatBlogs, Dubai is considered as the most attractive place to live, study and work by international students. In Dubai, there are a lot of job opportunities with attractive salary and career growth.
- Al Ghurair University, Dubai has one of the best employment rates with 85% of students in work less than six months of graduating.
- AGU Career Planning and Placement Office organize 100% Guaranteed Internships in international and national companies for all programs and specializations.
- Our University has strong connections with more than 180 national and multinational organizations, such as Dubai Islamic Bank, HSBC bank, Emirates Global Aluminum, Fly Dubai Airline, ADNOC, Etisalat different government institutions such as Ministries and Municipalities and etc.
- AGU Career Planning and Placement Office conduct workshops and seminars on career related issues to help students to handle the transition from University to workplace.
- Our career advisers help students to obtain more suitable internships, part time and full time job opportunities.
- Our faculty and staff have successful professional backgrounds in relevant industries and professions so they can pass on real industry knowledge to you.
For us it’s about more than statistics. It’s about our close partnerships and strong links with relevant industries and professions, and the career prospects they can offer you during internships.