The BSEEE program offered by the CEC was awarded initial accreditation status in 2004 and subsequently full accreditation status in 2012 by the CAA, Ministry of Education, UAE. The emergence of Internet and mobile communication in the last decade significantly changed in many activities in business and services. These technological advancements placed high demand on skilled manpower in the field of computing particularly in the discipline Electrical and Electronics Engineering, with all of its of concentrations (Communications, Electronics, Control and Power Engineering). The CEC takes necessary steps to meet the consistent demand for Electrical and Electronics engineering program by periodic reviews of program curricula to incorporate needed changes and modifications suggested by new developments taking place in the field. The BSEEE program is continuously revised based on internal assessment as well as the feedback received from external stakeholders. Furthermore, this program has also been revised to comply with the Qualifications Framework Emirates (QF Emirates).
The program completion requirements for a BSEEE program student are as follows:
- The student should achieve CGPA of not less than (2.0) points.
- The student must have earned at least 50% of his/her credits at AGU.
- Design Project should be done at AGU.
- The student must have passed 139 credits
The BSEEE program offered by the CEC was awarded initial accreditation status in 2004 and subsequently full accreditation status in 2012 by the CAA, Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, UAE. The BSEEE program has been accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET in August 2014. The ABET accreditation is renewed in May 2020 up to September, 2026
Faculty and Staff Information
Edriss A. Ali (College Dean)
Major in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
University of Newcastle, UK.
Major in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Glasgow University, UK.
Major: Applied Mathematics
University: Magadh University, India
Major in Electrical Engineering
International Islamic University Malaysia, MY.
Major in Electronic Engineering
University of Calicut-, India
The BSEEE program goals have been derived from AGU Goals and are based on the college mission statement. The BSEEE program graduates, after a few years of graduation, will have:
- Engaged themselves in solving the diverse and complex Electrical Engineering problems across a broad range of application areas.
- Engaged in further studies/training in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or related areas and/or established themselves as engineering professionals.
- Gained an effective communication skill, committed to ethical and societal responsibilities and engaged in lifelong learning through professional development, and self-learning.
- Established themselves as an effective team member and assuming leadership skills in the workplace and function professionally in a globally competitive world.
Program Learning Outcomes
The graduating student should demonstrate:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
For Enrollment and Graduation data, click here.
- Admission Requirements
- Fees & Scholarship
- Program Structure
- Study Plan
- Courses Descriptions
- Career Prospect
|UAE Secondary School Certificate||
80% for Advanced Track
75% for the Elite Track
|Indian Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) & Indian State Board Exams||61%|
|Pakistani Intermediate Certificate||61%|
|EmSAT English score of 1100, TOEFL score of 500 (ITP), 61 (IBT) or IELTS score of 5.0 is required*
EmSAT Arabic score of 600**
EmSAT Math score of 900
EmSAT Physics score of 800
*Candidates who do not satisfy the English Proficiency requirement can still enroll through the English Preparatory Program.
**Alternatively, non-native Arabic speakers can enroll in a non-credit “Introduction to Arabic Language” course at the University.
|Duration of Study||No of Credit Hours||General Education Courses Fee Per Credit Hour (AED)||Program Courses Fee Per Credit Hour (AED)||Approx Tuition Fees Per Year (AED)||Approx Tuition Fees Per Year (USD)|
|Scholarship Name||Scholarship Percentage||UAE Curriculum||CBSE/ICSE||American||IB||Pakistan||MAINTENANCE CGPA|
|AGU President Scholarship||70%||98-100||90 and above||95 and above||36 and above||90 and above||3.9 and above|
|Dean Scholarship||50%||95-97.9||85-89.99||90-94.9||30 and above||85-89.99||3.7 and above|
|Achievers Scholarship||35%||90-94.9||80-84.99||85-89.9||28||80-84.99||3.6 to less than 3.7|
|Merit Scholarship||25%||85-89.9||75-79.99||80-84.99||26||75-79.99||3.5 to less than 3.6|
|Starter Scholarship||15%||80-84.9||70-74.99||75-79.99||24||70-74.99||3.4 to less than 3.5|
|Merit Scholarship (Approx Annual Fees After Scholarships)
|BSc Electrical and Electronics Engineering (4 years)||51,237||43,551||38,428||33,304||25,619||15,371|
|ENL 101||English Composition|
|ENL 102||Communication Skills|
|ENL 103||Technical Writing|
|GEN 101||Communication Skills in Arabic|
|GEN 102||Fundamentals of Innovation and Entrepreneurship|
|SAH 101||UAE Society|
|SAH 102||Islamic Studies|
|SAT 102||Fundamentals of Statistics|
|CHM 111||General Chemistry|
|PHY 111||Engineering Physics I|
|PHY 112||Engineering Physics II|
|MAT 111||Calculus I|
|MAT 112||Calculus II|
|MAT 113||Linear Algebra and Complex Variables|
|MAT 214||Differential Equations|
|MAT 216||Introduction to MATLAB|
|MAT 317||Probability Theory|
|MAT 318||Mathematical Methods|
|ENG 126||Engineering Thermodynamics|
|ENG 127||Workshop Skills|
|ENG 131||Introduction to Programming|
|ENG 232||Engineering Graphics|
|ENG 241||Circuit Analysis I|
|ENG 242||Circuit Analysis II|
|ENG 251||Digital Logic Design|
|ENG 252||Electronics I|
|ENG 254||Measurements and Instrumentation|
|ENG 323||Engineering Economics|
|ENG 343||Signals and Systems|
|ENG 354||Microprocessor Programming and Interfacing|
|ENG 425||Social and Ethical Issues in Engineering|
|CSE 361||Fundamentals of Data Analytics|
|CSE 463||Artificial Intelligence|
|EEE 324||Engineering Management|
|EEE 341||Electromechanical Energy Conversion|
|EEE 344||Electromagnetic Fields and Waves|
|EEE 353||Electronics II|
|EEE 362||Automatic Control Engineering|
|EEE 442||Power Electronics|
|EEE 455||Digital Systems|
|EEE 471||Communication Systems|
|EEE 472||Digital Signal Processing|
|EEE 497||Senior Year Project Design|
|EEE 498||Graduation Project|
|EEE 443||Electrical Power Engineering|
|EEE 444||Power System Analysis|
|EEE 448||Renewable Energy Systems|
|EEE 461||Fuzzy Logic & Neural Networks|
|EEE 462||Digital Control Systems|
|EEE 463||Programmable Logic Controller|
|EEE 468||Introduction to Robotics|
|EEE 475||Data Communications|
|EEE 478||Microwave Engineering|
Click below to download the study plan.
Click below to download the program courses descriptions.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE) is the study and application of electricity, electronics and other related subjects to real-world problems.Graduates of the Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE) program will be involved in disciplines that make our lives more interesting, effective and safe.
Example of areas of work:
- Designing mobile phones, GPS wireless and modern communication systems
- Designing and maintaining medical instruments, digital satellite
- Multimedia systems
- Electric power generation and distribution
- Industrial automation, robotic and control systems