This program is designed to provide those passionate about computing with instruction in computer science fundamentals. Covering core subjects such as mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals as well as specialized courses such as computer security, network programming, embedded system design and more – students will develop real-world computer science and engineering skills that can be applied in the marketplace.
After graduating, students will be equipped with in-demand computing skills, the ability to solve complex problems and the capacity to nurture innovation and creativity.
BSCSE Program Educational Objectives
The BSCSE program educational objectives are based on the college mission statement. The program is developed and run aiming that the graduates of BSCSE program, after 4 – 5 years of graduation, will have:
- Progressed themselves in solving the diverse and complex computer science and engineering problems across a broad range of application areas.
- Advanced themselves in effective use of oral and written communication skills and as a responsible team worker in different roles.
- Practiced ethical and societal responsibilities in their career.
- Engaged themselves in life-long learning to understand and apply new technological developments in computer science and engineering.
BSCSE Program Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the BSCSE program, a graduate will be able to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
Annual Degree Enrollment and Graduation Statistics
|Curriculum||Score Required||Conditional Admission Score*|
|UAE Secondary School Certificate||70%||60%|
|Indian Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) & Indian State Board Exams||50%||40%|
|Pakistani Intermediate Certificate||50%||40%|
|EmSAT English score of 1100, TOEFL score of 500 (ITP), 61 (IBT) or IELTS score of 5.0 is required**|
*Applicants with conditional admission must take 12 credit hours in the first semester and achieve a minimum CGPA of 2.0/4.0
**Candidates who do not satisfy the English Proficiency requirement can still enroll through the English Preparatory Program
***Candidates who do not have Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in high school must pass the relevant challenge test/ or attend preparatory courses conducted by AGU
|Duration of Study||No of Credit Hours||General Education Courses Fee Per Credit Hour (AED)||Program Courses Fee Per Credit Hour (AED)||Approx Tuition Fees Per Year (AED)||Approx Tuition Fees Per Year (USD)|
|SCHOLARSHIP||UAE CURRICULUM||O – Levels||CBSE/ICSE||American||IB||Pakistan||MAINTENANCE CGPA|
|50%||95-100||6A||85||90||30||85||3.7 and above|
|35%||90-94.9||5A||80-84.99||85||28||80-84.99||3.6 to less than 3.7|
|25%||85-89.9||4A||80-84.99||80||26||75-79.99||3.5 to less than 3.6|
|15%||80-84.9||3A||70-74.99||75||24||70-74.99||3.4 to less than 3.5|
|Merit Scholarship (Approx Annual Fees After Scholarships)|
|BSc Computer Science and Engineering (4 years)||45,787||38,919||34,340||29,762||22,894|
|ENL 101||English Composition|
|ENL 102||Communication Skills|
|ENL 103||Technical Writing|
|ENL 104||Research and Learning Skills|
|SAH 101||UAE Society|
|SAH 102||Islamic Studies|
|SAH 103||Reasoning and Critical Thinking|
|SAT 102||Fundamentals of Statistics|
|SAT 103||Computer Application and Technology|
|SAT 105||General Science|
|MAT 111||Calculus I|
|MAT 112||Calculus II|
|MAT 113||Linear Algebra and Complex Variables|
|MAT 214||Differential Equations|
|MAT 215||Discrete Mathematics|
|PHY 111||Engineering Physics I|
|PHY 112||Engineering Physics II|
|CHM 111||General Chemistry|
|MAT 317||Probability Theory|
|MAT 216||Introduction to MATLAB|
|ENG 131||Introduction to programming|
|ENG 241||Circuit Analysis I|
|ENG 251||Digital Logic Design|
|ENG 252||Electronics I|
|ENG 232||Engineering Graphics|
|ENG 323||Engineering Economics|
|ENG 343||Signals and Systems|
|ENG 354||Microprocessor Programming and Interfacing|
|ENG 425||Social and Ethical Issues in Engineering|
|CSE 233||Object Oriented Programming|
|CSE 242||Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis|
|CSE 351||Computer Networks|
|CSE 334||Automata and Formal Languages|
|CSE 335||Operating Systems|
|CSE 352||Computer Organization|
|CSE 243||Database Systems|
|CSE 336||Principles of Programming Languages|
|CSE 497||Senior Year Project Design|
|CSE 441||Software Engineering|
|CSE 451||Computer Architecture|
|CSE 452||Digital System Design|
|CSE 442||Softwre Project Management|
|CSE 498||Graduation Project|
|CSE 461||Computer Security|
|CSE 462||Network Programming|
|CSE 463||Artificial Intelligence|
|CSE 444||Compiler Design and Implementation|
|CSE 443||Software Testing|
|CSE 446||Data Mining and Warehousing|
|CSE 445||Web Application Development|
|CSE 453||Embedded System design|
|CSE 454||VLSI Design|
|CSE 455||Digital Signal Processing|
|CSE 456||Data Communication|
Click below to download the study plan.
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering (BSCSE) program is intended to prepare graduates to pursue employment opportunities in organizations using state of the art computing facilities or developing IT solutions within the GCC or abroad. The BSCSE program empowers the graduates with necessary analytical as well as effective communication skills. The graduates are then able to use techniques for analyzing, designing, developing and managing the computer systems and work under contract to install or configure hardware or software, write or customize programs, or otherwise help solve information processing problems for an organization.
The graduates of the Computer Science and Engineering program are prepared to pursue successful careers as:
- Computer systems and network administrators
- Database analysts, designers and administrators
- Data communication and network systems analysts
- Computer systems analysts
- Software, hardware and computer applications engineers
- Computer programmers
- IT managers
|STUDENT NAME||PROGRAM TYPE||PROGRAM||COLLEGE||ADVISOR||REG CRD||CGPA||PASS CRD||TOTAL REQUIRED CREDITS||ACADEMIC STATUS|
|Aleena Lifiya||Undergraduate||Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering||Engineering & Computing||Ihab Wattar||12||4||45||136||Outstanding – New|
|Farheen Mirza||Undergraduate||Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering||Engineering & Computing||Ihab Wattar||12||4||42||136||Outstanding – New|
|Nour A. M. Abujabal||Undergraduate||Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering||Engineering & Computing||Ahmed Sayed||18||4||83||136||Outstanding – New|
|Amira Tarek Sayed Abdelrahman Beshir||Undergraduate||Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering||Engineering & Computing||Ahmed Sayed||15||3.96||124||136||Outstanding – New|
|Amal Ahmed Garallah Alfoger||Undergraduate||Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering||Engineering & Computing||Ahmed Sayed||14||3.96||107||136||Outstanding – New|
|Maab Mahmood Abdulhameed||Undergraduate||Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering||Engineering & Computing||Ihab Wattar||18||3.95||78||136||Outstanding – New|
|Fatemeh Abdollah Darghal||Undergraduate||Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering||Engineering & Computing||Ihab Wattar||15||3.93||121||136||Outstanding – New|
|Aiman Ahmad Jadiba||Undergraduate||Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering||Engineering & Computing||Ahmed Sayed||18||3.93||77||136||Outstanding – New|
|Abdalaziz Y. I. Abushawish||Undergraduate||Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering||Engineering & Computing||Ahmed Sayed||15||3.93||80||139||Outstanding – New|