Community Engagement at Al Ghurair University is deeply rooted in the philosophy and vision of the University’s Founder, Mr. Abdulla Ahmad Al Ghurair, who saw the pursuit of an education as more than a quest for personal achievement, but rather as our civic and religious responsibility. Because of his contribution to philanthropy and overall Community Engagement in the UAE and in the Arab world, in 2016 the Arab League Educational, Cultural and Science Organization (ALECSO) bestowed upon Mr. Al Ghurair the rare honor of being the first goodwill ambassador for education in the Arab world.
Our Vision is therefore to uphold the ethos of good citizenship as espoused and envisioned by our Founder, Mr. Al Ghurair, through broad and deep local, regional and global Community Engagement.
Tracing its roots to the legacy of our Founder— Mr. Abdulla Ahmad Al Ghurair—and anchored by the AGU Strategic Plan, the mission of our Community Engagement Platform is to foster broad-based outreach programs and community engagement activities. We shall achieve this by:
- Developing collaborative external partnerships leading to productive relationships that bring mutually beneficial outcomes for the community and to all of AGU’s faculty, staff and students.
- Seeking to identify and respond to needs within the community and engage representatives of local businesses, schools, professional bodies, government entities, alumni, ethnic communities and citizens in pursuit of mutually beneficial and uplifting linkages and partners
- Providing continuing education, professional training opportunities and consultancy for industry, local and regional communities
- Broadening and strengthening existing opportunities for student internships, job placements and students’ work experiences.
- Involving current and potential employers and advisory boards in the development of new and industry-relevant academic programs.
- Assisting, as appropriate, with marketing and recruitment of new undergraduate and graduate students to Al Ghurair University
- Assisting, as appropriate, with University Advancement—including Fundraising and AGU Development.