Full-Time Assistant/Associate Professor of Interior Design Faculty Position at the College of Architecture and DesignDate Posted: July 14, 2021
Position Summary: The Faculty member is generally required to perform duties in three areas of responsibility namely (i) Teaching, Learning and Course Development, (ii) Research and Scholarly Activity, and (iii) University and Community Service.
Teaching, Learning and Course Development:
- Teach course subject assigned by the college dean/academic head of department using lectures, studio/lab instructions/demonstrations, class discussion, and other appropriate modes of educational delivery as provided in the approved course syllabus (for full-time faculty, the academic load shall not be more than 12 credit hours per semester).
- Apply new and innovational methods of instruction to improve teaching and learning.
- Supervise the maintenance of laboratories and equipment (if applicable).
- Evaluate courses, student learning, and assign grades.
- Provide timely feedback to students (i.e. returning tests, assignments, research papers, etc.) within the time frame stipulated in the academic policy.
- Undertake internal and/or external co-examination duties and responsibilities for assigned courses.
- Prepare and compile course files for all courses taught in a particular semester.
- Develop new programs and related curricula.
- Prepare course syllabi and plan in accordance with the AGU Policy.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection process of textbooks and other teaching material/aids necessary to deliver various courses.
- Assist with assessment and program review activities (e.g., develop and assess learning outcomes for courses, programs, and ancillary disciplines).
- Observe mandatory office hours as per AGU policy.
- Comply with department guidelines and college policies.
Research and Scholarship:
- Pursue specialized research either related to teaching area/s or to one’s own discipline.
- Conduct research and scholarly activity and make results available for peer review.
- Participate in other professional activities such as working on panels at regional and national meetings of professional organizations, serving on editorial boards of professional journals/conference proceedings, consultancy, working on various research studies/projects etc.
University and Community Service:
- Attend routine college/department meetings as a faculty member.
- Serve on college/department/university special committees.
- Serve as academic advisor to assigned students and be available to advisees on a predetermined meeting schedule.
- Participate in faculty and staff recruitment activities.
- Participate in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities such as open days, orientation registration, delivering a lecture/seminar, or advising student clubs or organizations.
- Mentor junior or new faculty to promote their teaching, research, and professional skills.
- Participate in continuing programs of the university, if necessary.
- Perform any administrative/special assignments or tasks assigned by the management.
He/she must have earned a Master of Interior Design or equivalent degree or PhD degree from an accredited institution or any other institution recognized by the relevant UAE Ministry.
- Possess a demonstrable evidence of commitment and motivation towards teaching,
- Demonstrate a proven potential for fulfilling the typical responsibilities of a faculty member, and
a promising record of research and scholarship in his/her field of specialization.
- Demonstrate a strong awareness and knowledge of architectural principles and practices in the context of the interdisciplinary nature of the COAD academic programs.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated competency to interact with people at all levels of the organization.
- Have effective presentation skills, both theoretical and practical.
- Demonstrate experience in developing course curricula as per accreditation and international standards
- Possess the ability to provide instruction at various levels within the program areas.
- Possess a high degree of computer literacy and demonstrated ability to integrate technology into the learning environment and teaching methodologies.
- Possess current knowledge of industry practices, trends, and issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to function as a team player within a multi-cultural work environment.
- Demonstrate experience and skill with contemporary software tools appropriate to the specialization.
- Provide the ‘right fit’ to the university culture. This will be highly desirable.
Al Ghurair University (AGU) is one of the first private Universities to be licensed by the Ministry of Education (MOE). All Bachelor’s & Master’s degree programs offered by AGU have been granted accreditation and it is internationally recognized. For more information about the AGU and the college, go to AGU Website.
The interested candidates can apply online through AGU website Employment at AGU or may send detailed CV to the following emails: Dean of COAD and AGU HR. The application package should include a cover letter specifying the subject area , updated curriculum vitae, a brief statement of current and future research interests, and evidence of excellence in research & teaching. Please provide names and contact information for two references. The medium of instruction at the Department of Education is English.
The jobs are open until filled.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within one month of the application date.
If you are not able to apply online, please send your Resume to email@example.com
* Indicates Mandatory Fields